Youth Mental Health First Aid Certification Training
Registration is required an can be completed below. Please indicate date preference in registration.
An 8-hour training course for adults who work with youth. The course:
- Presents the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents
- Builds an understanding of the importance of early intervention
- Teaches adults how to help a youth in crisis or a youth is experiencing a mental health challenge
- Teaches a five-step action plan to assist an adolescent in crisis or an adolescent that is experiencing the signs and symptoms of mental illness
Participants who successfully complete the 8-hour training will become a certified "Youth Mental Health First Aider".
The cost is $20. All materials are provided.
MHA provides 8 continuing education credits for $12 in cooperation with the Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board.
For information or to schedule this training for your organization please call 765.742.1800 or email Erin at email@example.com.
Educators should talk with their school administrators about how Youth Mental Health First Aid can qualify for continuing education credits.
Click here if you're looking for our Adult Mental Health First Aid trainings
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019
8:00 am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- 8:00am - 4:30pm
Contact us if you'd like us to come to your organization.
Classes are open to the educators, faith leaders, youth workers, and the general community.
Courses may also be provided onsite at your place of business. We welcome 15 to 25 participants per class. For more information please call 765.742.1800.