Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
As the world’s leading suicide intervention workshop, the ASIST program is supported by numerous evaluations including independent and peer-reviewed studies.
Upcoming ASIST Training:
- Thursday, September 5 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Part 1
- Friday, September 6 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Part 2
Course Value: $300
Your Cost: $150 - includes print materials, lunches, and CEUs.
For information, to register for a training, or to schedule this training for your organization please call 765.742.1800 or email Tenecia at email@example.com.