- Suicide has risen dramatically among young Americans from ages 10 to 24. It is now the second leading cause of death after accidents.
- Child psychologist Peter Gray says the trend may be linked not to social media or screen time, but to more stressed out kids, who are driven to excel all the time.
- Gray says unstructured play time is what helps children develop much-needed resilience and courage, and it's desperately missing in today's jam-packed student schedules
2019 Brown Bag Forums 12:00pm-12:50pm
- October 9: Reducing Your Risk of Dementia -Jean Kolp, Nurse Practitioner and Director of Senior Wellness Center at IU Health, will share information about dementia and it's effects on a person
- November 13: Depression in the Elderly- Elizabeth Matheson, MSW, LCSW at Valley Oaks Health- Community Living Program
- December 11: Meeting the Challenges of Aging- Bill Glick, Executive Director Tippecanoe County Council on Aging, Inc. The Tippecanoe Senior Center, will share resources in the community
FREE and Open to the Public
CEU certificate is $5
12:00 PM to 12:50 PM
The second Wednesday.